Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Final Countdown

Six days and counting... How 55 weeks will fly by when you're changing diapers and counting stretchmarks! On Monday January ninth I will reunite with my coworkers for the first time in over a year. I have some seriously mixed feelings about this, as you can imagine. On the one hand, I do love my job (most of the time). I like the people I work with (most of them). And I know it won't be much longer before I go completely stir-crazy staying at home. But on the other hand, the baby is so darn CUTE and she seems to be exceeding her daily cute record every day!!! (see photo) I have really enjoyed taking walks with her, baking and cooking with Simon (which may explain why my pants keep shrinking...) and all the wonderful home-maker type things that I would never EVER have done before. (cooking for my man and cleaning the oven to name a few). But the fun has to end sometime right? I have a wonderful Nanny who will look after the kids and I will be home on Fridays, so its not like I won't ever see them, sniffle sniffle... but I will be sad to leave on Monday morning just the same.

1 comment:

Your Monarch said...

Going great so far; The Nanny is out of this world! Not having to get the baby ready to go anywhere in the morning is priceless (that should be a Mastercard commercial)and people are still coming up to me at work and acting thrilled that I am back. I understand this will wear off, but for the time being I am using thier enthusiasm as fuel...