Friday, April 29, 2011

The "Completely Irrelevant to Whatever You're Doing Right Now" Post.

Things I could easily go the rest of my life without hearing about every, ever, ever again:


1. Anything with the last name Kardashian.
2. People in or from or around Jersey Shore.
3. Farmville, jewelled blitzes (or something) and your horoscope.
4. Any of the ‘Idols’.
5. The word ‘anal’; mainly used in the context of a person being uptight or strict, but really, I would prefer not to hear it at all. It sounds yucky and conjures up unpleasant images.
6. Olives.
7. Your unpleasant time spent at Airport Security; Dudes, it’s their job. They’re trying to stop planes from blowing up and flying into buildings. Ten bucks says you’re not so hot at your job either.
8. What you dreamed about last night.
9.‘Yeppers’ and ‘Meh’ . Not necessarily in that order.
10. Why it is you don’t run/swim/bike/work out/practise yoga etc… It continues to baffle me as to why people feel the need to explain their laziness to me. Yes I’m judging you, but really, move on.

On a less crabby cow note, here are some things that I can’t get enough of:

1. PK Subban.
2. Jerry Seinfeld.
3. Hemp seeds.
4. My sweatpants; this may be surprising but I got my very first pair EVER in 2010. It was love at first wear.
5. My iPhone. Lame, but true. It’s like, just when I think I’m done praising this little guy, a new app comes along that I don’t know how I have lived without all this time!! Just last night I found the Epicurious app and once again, HOW did I go all this time without it?!
6. Tapas. MMMMM, MMM! I loves me some tapas.
7. Travelling. Anywhere, anytime.
8. Café Lattes. I do have a tendency to go a little Cramer on them, but when kept in check, I remain fairly calm.
9. Adele, Arcade Fire and Florence & the Machine. In that order.
10. Hot Yoga.

3 comments:

dina said...

Where did that reactions thingie come from? I LIKE!
List of your favorite apps please :-)

Your Monarch said...

Well Shazam is probs the most popular, but for me it is crucial to ever having any idea 'who's signing that'? Cuz I never, ever know.
Otherwise I have a bunch of vocabulary ones (English, Spanish and Deutsch), the Canadian Holidays one (never again will I wonder when the eff is DLS this year?), Groupon, Airmiles, Kayak and all the Airlines - LOVE the Airlines ones; it lets you check in, monitor flight and gate changes etc...LinkdIn, Tap and Track for calories and exercise, Cinematimes, (although truth be told, I almost never make it to the movies)and my personal fave, Period Tracker. Wikipanion kind of sucks, as does Google earth, Starbucks and a Free Level. My husband always has a level and thanks to Capitolism, I no longer need an app to locate a SB.
You?

Anonymous said...

Have to strongly disagree re the Kardashians -- I kind of enjoy them. Also, I think your phone is ridiculous... Except when I need it to tell me something, or to, um, make a call...