Saturday, June 17, 2006

HOT off the Press

The rain seems to have finally let up and has been replaced by scorching, relentless, stifling heat. I am not complaining, merely observing with the use of non-positive adjectives. Some truly positive notes... Well, I passed the course I was taking. Lets just say I am lucky to have such thick skin on my teeth... I ran the half marathon at National Capital Race Weekend (that's 21km for you non-runners out there). The temperature that day was 27C, so I was very pleased not to be one of the poor bastards being assisted by a medic half way to the finish line. When Nicholas asked me what place I came in I think he was very unimpressed by my answer, "2168th". Simon had an encounter with the pavement again last week resulting in a large welt on the side of his head and a black eye for a few days. To mend his spirits he got a tour of one of the firetrucks that was parked on our block for an evening. Nicholas's soccer season has been incident free, I am pleased to report. Some wins, some non-wins, lots and lots and lots of gas consumed (by the van). Elizabeth has an official forst word. Doggie. We are all suitable pleased. Morely is very proud.

No comments: